Monday, July 14, 2008

The joys of summer!

We've had a fun week. The boys got to go camping in the Uintahs with their Grandma Valeen. They had a lot of fun fishing, fighting over the front seat of the jeep and looking out for bears! I was told that they were so worried that I bear was going to find them and eat them. Grandma did her best to soothe their fears. It was a great chance to bond with their grandparents and their cousin, Maddie. We missed them at home like crazy. For the full day Ashley kept asking, "where boys?" Mom and Dad did our best to keep her entertained as well. She enjoyed swimming, shopping, waterskiing, and sleeping at Grandma Cox's while mom and dad went to see the Miss Utah preliminary competition.

Speaking of Miss Utah, I worked with two of the young ladies competing for Miss Utah while on the Miss Manti Pageant commitee. Kayla Barclay and Christine Cox. They did really well. I was excited when each of them won preliminary rounds and I was even more elated to have Kayla Barclay win as Miss Utah 2008. I have been blessed to rub shoulders with such special, hard working & dedicated women.


Spencer finally lost his first two teeth. They came out within a week of each other. He looks so cute, as you can see, with that big gap on the bottom! He was happy to have the toothfairy come. Things got a little scary for him for a few days because he misplaced his second tooth. Lucky for him, mom helped him find it and things went on as they should!


I spent a lot of time preparing for the Wyoming pioneer trek that our stake is taking the youth on. I've now got my pioneer clothes gathered, my bonnet has been sewed, and with the help of several others in the ward we've got the majority of the 60 kids that are coming with just our ward ready too. I'm looking forward to the experiences this sort of trip will bring. Rich still hasn't found someone to cover him at work so there is a posssibility that he won't be able to come anymore. I choose to hold faith that things will still work out because I'd be sad not to have him with me.

No comments: