Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Sanpete County Fair


Each year citizens of the county are encouraged to enter crafts and things into the exhibits at the fair. Last year I crotched a blanket that looked like an American Flag and earned a second place red ribbon. This year I submitted a counted cross stitch of a river front scene. I earned a first place blue ribbon! I’m already brainstorming what I can submit for next year. Spencer says he wants to put something in the fair too. Maybe he could join the 4-H Club.

We spent Thursday (Aug. 21st) afternoon enjoying the exhibits and the animals. There was a huge steer that weighed over 2900 lbs. The boys thought it was Paul Bunyan’s Ox!

Spencer was able to pet some reindeer, they had really fuzzy antlers. All three kids enjoyed seeing the lambs, pigs, cows, bunnies and chickens!


We topped the night off by watching Demolition Derby. We were lucky to get in because they had sold out; we had gotten tickets earlier in the day. Throughout the show three cars got completely turned over and the boys loved it! Ashley liked the part she was awake for! I didn’t think anybody could sleep through that kind of noise. She woke up when we had dirt flung at us as a car peeled out! I took her home while boys stayed for the final wipeout. We all stayed up late and I thought it was a good thing they didn’t have to go to school the next day.

6 comments:

Beth and Jess said...

Who knew you were such a fabulous homemaker. Gardening, canning, cross stitching. I am impressed!!!! I also want some cotton candy now.

Tukuafu's said...

Nice Wendy Lou- Congrats on the 1st place ribbon.. I always knew you were talented beyond your years!

Horsley News said...

Wendy,
I was so excited to see that you are doing a blog. I am not very good at posting blogs, but I am enjoying reading them. My family has one that I occasionally post on. It is horsleynews.blogspot.com. I look forward to keeping up with you through your blog.

Jenn

Horsley News said...

Wendy,

I was so excited to learn about your blog. It is fun reading about your family and catching up with what is going on. Occasionally I post on my family blog which is horsleynews.blogspot.com. I just put some stuff on there about the kids starting school.

Jenn

Horsley News said...

Sorry about the two blogs. The first one didn't look like it published.

Melissa said...

Wow, I am so impressed! You can do it all!