Thursday, August 14, 2008

Whirlwind Week- pictures coming soon!!

Today is my day to FINALLY kick my heels back and relax! I feel like I've been running a marathon with all of the different activities that I've been juggling to prepare for. We had girls camp coming which meant I had a lot of people to coordinate with and a bunch of tasks to get completed. School is almost ready to start which meant that during these planning meetings, I had to make time to take the kids school shopping among other school preparation. I was crazy enough to drive all three kids (by myself!) to Provo last Thursday. We not only had to buy school clothes but Rich needed shoes, the pharmacy needed soda and candy, and I needed to pick up supplies and food for camp, for a special anniversary dinner I was planning for Rich, and for our everyday needs! I was lucky that the kids cooperated, for the most part. By the time I got home, I was out for the count for the night. But there was no time for resting.

More camp preparations were needed. I was able to get away Friday night to watch the Miss Sanpete Pageant. It was fun to see the girls and visit with friends afterwards. To my great relief, Rich's family helped me do some more needed shopping for girls camp and the special dinner after the pageant. Another late night!!

Bright and early the next morning was the water skiing trip with the laurels. Not many showed up so I was able to bring the kids too. We had a lot of fun. We experienced our own little miracle because for days before we had rainy weather. I thought our trip was going to be cancelled (maybe a part of me wished that it would, but only a little part!!). However, the weather that morning was beautiful. The skies and the water were clear. We enjoyed our afternoon on the lake and when we got home, the second the boat was safely in the garage, the sky proceeded to downpour! Lucky, lucky!!

That night after water skiing I had time to clean up just before going to Stake Conference. All the talks given both on Saturday and Sunday we really good. There were a couple of moments that I knew that the Lord was speaking to me. After conference we enjoyed a family dinner with the Cox's. I'd barely found time to make my layered cake, thank goodness.

I spent all of Monday making arrangements for the kids so that Rich could help me haul girls and supplies to girls camp. We left for camp first thing on Tuesday morning. We had a really good time too! Debbie Hatch (laurel advisor) let us come to her cabin. We played games, a lot of games! It allowed the girls to let their hair down and enjoy one another. We performed skits, ate LOTS of food, did a little hiking, made some crafts, and sang songs! We even got in a testimony meeting and snipe hunting in one night, which is an interesting challenge to take on!! I'm glad it's over but I'm even happier that we did it!


Once I got home I had two hours to put together my special anniversary dinner for Rich. One thing that is worth mentioning is that since I had been at YW Camp for half of the day on our 10th Anniversary, I had made arrangements for Rich to get breakfast in bed. My neighbor, Bridget, made him breakfast, set it nicely on a tray and delivered it on the porch with a poem that I had written. The poem said "Violets are blue, Roses are red, this is as close as it gets....to breakfast in bed!!!" When I got home from camp, I sent Rich out and Bridget helped me prepare a beautiful candlelight dinner for two while Kathy made me a cheesecake. Thank goodness for great friends!!! We spent a wonderful evening alone together while the kids spent the night at their grandma's home.

No comments: